quinta-feira, 31 de maio de 2007

CA Rio CA

Yesterday I almost got mugged on a bus here in Rio. Back from the tour and Rio is already behaving like Rio. Three muggers boarded the bus. One through the rear door and two through the front door. They didn´t pay. The driver was probably threatened but we didn´t notice. One woman took the initiative and started to pull the bell asking to get off the bus. The driver stopped and a bunch of people got off and I followed. The people who got off told me that the muggers were probably going to "hijack" the bus a few blocks down by the beach where it would be easier for them to run away.
I still love this city but there is definitely something wrong with the word Carioca, the term used to describe it´s natives. If you´re born in Rio you are Carioca. Think about it. Carioca is Rio surrounded by caca.

Um comentário:

Rasheed's World disse...

Hi Ricky,

I liked this post, but you should be careful in Rio. Things seem to be getting worse and worse!
I'm coming to Sao Paulo and Brasilia on June 24-July 10. Will I see you in BSB? Let me know!

Abracos,

Rasheed