quarta-feira, 23 de maio de 2007

Porto Alegre

So. I´m in Porto Alegre now. Extreme south of Brazil. Show was difficult last night. My microphone was giving to much feedback in the theater. But we survived and people loved the performance. The theater organized a talk between the artists (andrea and I) and the audience. Everyone stayed to participate. Great fun.
Afterwards we went to dinner with the production and two artists from a group called Companhia do Giro. At one point during the dinner I had to ask Daniella, "Is it my impression or is Porto Alegre really ugly?". She answered, "Don´t worry. It´s ugly." I´m quite shocked actually. The city doesn´t have a postcard. When you think of Porto Alegre you can pinpoint a monument, a famous building, an obelisk, nothing. That´s one thing they have to work on. But the people are kind. Really kind. I hope to come back. We had a great audience that was really into the piece. So Curitiba and Porto Alegre are cities we really have to come back to to do some audience building.

Nenhum comentário: